“At Choice, people are our greatest asset. Ensuring that both employees and franchisees have the resources and growth opportunities they need to thrive is an integral part of the company’s growth strategy,” he said Timothy Tobin, Vice President, Franchise Onboarding and Learning, Choice Hotels. “We pride ourselves on providing our owners with some of the best educational tools in the industry, such as the Choice University learning platform, and look forward to continually improving and expanding our talent development resources to drive the entire franchisee and business-wide success to promote.”
ATD is the leading international association for the talent development industry. To receive the organization’s prestigious BEST award, companies must demonstrate outstanding talent development practices that enable business success. Choice Hotels is the only hotel company listed among this year’s ATD BEST award winners.
In addition to the company’s award-winning real estate-level training platform, Choice University, Choice has been recognized for its overall learning organization and support for various learning and business needs, including the following development programs and resources:
- Corporate Resource Groups are designed to promote cultural engagement and learning opportunities for Choice employees. The company supports 11 different resource groups, including a newly formed group for working parents.
- Project Mobility, a program that enables employees to gain practical experience on various career paths within the company. At the beginning of the pandemic, Choice used this program to reallocate resources across the company to connect directly to our franchisees and provide resources to support their businesses.
- A franchisee disaster education center that provides frequently updated videos, workshops, and other resources to help hotel managers and property-level employees prepare for and mitigate hotel concerns and challenges. During the pandemic, Choice supplemented this hub with direct support from local one-on-one support teams to conduct workshops and one-on-one financing consultations with the owners.
- Expanded learning for franchisees with streamlined video production and on-demand content on topics that most affect hotel workers in the current travel environment.
- New corporate training resources, including enhanced work and remote leadership tools, to help employees better navigate remote work environments.
“This award is a testament to our people’s ability to adapt quickly in any environment and, most importantly, our dedication to the success of our franchisees,” he said Stephanie Lykins, Vice President, Talent Management, Choice Hotels. “Our commitment to employee development enables us to attract new talent, retain top talent and develop key employees. Our employees will continue to be at the center of our growth potential as a company.”
To qualify for the BEST Award 2021, organizations provided ATD with extensive quantitative and qualitative information about their talent development practices and programs. Applications were evaluated in a rigorous blind review by members of the BEST Awards Advisory Committee, made up of experts in learning and talent development.
About Choice Hotels®
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest accommodation providers in the world. With more than 7,100 hotels representing nearly 600,000 rooms in over 40 countries and territories as of September 30, 2020, the Choice® family of hotel brands offers business and leisure travelers a range of high-quality accommodation options, from limited service to full service hotels in the segments upscale, medium-sized, long-term stay and economy. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to extraordinary experiences. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
© 2021 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Source Choice Hotels International, Inc.