SAN DIEGO, September 7, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Generali Global Help (“GGA”) announced today that it has expanded its Hurricane Resources Center by adding new hurricane-related information and communication tools for use by its travel insurance and vacation rental coverage partners. The updated Resource Center contains information kits to help partners prepare for and manage a hurricane or tropical storm should it affect their travelers or rental properties.
In addition, GGA regularly updates its Travel insurance alerts Page to keep its members informed when tropical storms escalate into hurricanes.
Chris Carnicelli, CEO of Generali Global Assistance, commented on the news, “The last thing travelers want is the trip they planned last year to be canceled by something as unpredictable as a hurricane. As the leading shelter for vacation rentals and travel insurance “Providers, unpredictable events like these are in the foreground for us, which is why we felt the provision of up-to-date advice as a crucial part of our lifelong partnership.”
At the beginning of the hurricane season, Generali Global Assistance reminds travelers to pay attention to the following information:
- Always travel with a downloaded or printed copy of your insurance description / policy so that you can contact the insurer even if you do not have internet access.
- Since an early warning of hurricanes is not always guaranteed, travelers should find out about current information on possible storms before and during their trip.
- Travelers whose vacation destination is in a common hurricane zone should learn to prepare for an emergency if necessary. FEMA has created a website that describes how travelers can prepare for such unexpected situations.
- Hurricanes and bad weather can disrupt flights and separate you from your luggage. Travelers can minimize this inconvenience by packing the essentials in their hand luggage.
Jason Sprenkle, CEO of Key Data, commented: “With 78% of travelers likely to book a vacation rental over all other properties in the next 18 months, GGA’s latest survey suggests that it is insurance for their trip and travel protection for their vacation investment Protecting from certain unforeseen events like hurricanes, fire, or other natural disasters that could otherwise cost you a bundle is necessary. Life is unpredictable and it is best to be prepared.
Specific tips for vacation rentals
- It is important to remember that the rental of holiday homes in popular coastal locations is also affected by storms. As soon as a hurricane is named or its travel interruption becomes known, the event is considered to be foreseeable, meaning that insurance can no longer be taken out to cover the associated damage.
- The location does not change the coverage amount, but many locations that are prone to severe weather have separate regulations on the insurance requirements for vacation rentals. Customers should be made aware of local government requirements to ensure they have adequate coverage.
- Often times, the main impact hurricanes have on vacation rentals is mandatory evacuation. If guests are evacuated during their trip, vacation home insurance can often reimburse expenses incurred during the trip. Guests should also be aware that coverage will vary based on the time of mandatory evacuation.
Available hurricane expert:
James Sion, Chief Operating Officer, Generali Global Assistance
Contact: [email protected]
For more information on hurricane and travel insurance, visit: https://www.generalitravelinsurance.com/travel-resources/hurricane-travel-insurance.html
About Generali Global Assistance
Generali Global Assistance (GGA) is a leading brand encompassing Travel Insurance & Assistance, Medical Risk Management, Identity & Cyber Protection and other care services. GGA is part of the Generali Group, which has been offering its customers and their customers security for over 190 years and is now supported by more than 72,000 employees worldwide. Our success is based on building trust by placing the customer at the center of everything we do and offering them help and protection in our customers’ most difficult and stressful situations.
To find out more about GGA’s protection for holiday homes, travel insurance and assistance offers, please visit: https://www.ferienwohnungsversicherung.com/
Generali Global Assistance media contact:
Strategic communication of the M Group (for Generali Global Assistance)
SOURCE Generali Global Support