Last updated 29 minutes ago
All international visitors to the state of Quintana Roo, which includes Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, and Tulum, must pay a fee new tourist tax Effective April 1, 2021. The new Visitax fee costs 224 pesos (USD 11) per visitor and must be paid before boarding your flight. Here you will find all the information on how to fill out the form, how to pay the tax online and on the official website where payment can be made. Children under the age of 14 do not have to pay the visitor fee.
How to pay the Cancun Visitax fee online
- All visitors to Cancun are required to fill out an online form. The form requires the following information:
- The date you leave Cancun
- How many people are in your group?
- First and last name of each person in your group
- Date of birth of each person in your group
- ID number
2. Once visitors have completed the form, they will be directed to a secure payment page to complete the online credit card payment.
3. Upon completion of payment, travelers will receive a QR code that must be presented to airport security prior to departure.
Alternative payment methods for Visitax
New electronic terminals will also be set up at the airport where travelers can pay the new visitor fee in cash.
The General Director of the State Tax Administration, Rodrigo Díaz, said that the new tax will is not difficult to pay for visitors. “It is expected to be an agile and simple transaction that does not make it difficult for visitors to stay,” said Díaz.
Who does the new tourism tax apply to?
The fee applies to the following people:
- All international travelers visiting the Mexican state of Quintana Roo who are 15 years or older
- Visitors from Belize pay 10 percent less
Who is exempt from the Visitax fee?
- All national tourists
- Children up to 14 years
Why is there a new visitor fee?
The new tax is expected to create more jobs and attractions that will continue to serve tourists better in the future. The state of Quintana is home to the hugely popular tourist destinations of Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel, and Tulum. During the pandemic, Cancun was the Top travel destinations for Americans and one of the most popular in the world.
Governor Carlos Joaquín González said the fee will generate 600 million pesos ($ 29.1 million) in 2021.
Where can I make the Visitax payment online?
All online payments must be made through the official government website of Quintana Roo.
↓ Join the community ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group The latest news, discussions and questions and answers about the reopening will take place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest Travel Off Path travel information delivered straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions are subject to change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and / or local authorities to confirm entry of your nationality and / or changes in travel requirements prior to travel. Travel Off Path does not endorse travel against government recommendations