ATLANTA – As the travel world went on hiatus, IHG Hotels & Resorts saw an opportunity to reconnect and learn from its guests and owners. The company made big, bold investments, transformed its portfolio with exciting brands, and created richer experiences – all under a fresh master brand from IHG Hotels & Resorts.
As guests enter a new era of travel and the industry continues to recover, the company turns to its groundbreaking loyalty program and makes one of its most significant investments yet.
Over the years, IHG Rewards has continually evolved to meet the needs of current and prospective members. World-class partnerships such as exclusive stays at Mr & Mrs Smith, a growing portfolio of brands and dynamic Reward Night pricing have provided guests with greater value and flexibility.
Today, IHG Rewards, the industry’s first and one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, announces the first of many changes rolling out in the coming months. The new structure for earning tiers and bonus points – going live in March – is designed to help members earn more points faster and have more ways to use them than ever before. These changes, the first in a series of improvements, include:
- Introducing a new Gold Elite tier from 20 nights, with an industry-leading 40% bonus point structure
- Renamed the Spire Elite Tier to Diamond Elite to simplify member recognition and understanding of our top tier, which will retain our premium 100% bonus point structure
- Improved bonus point collection levels in all other elite tiers
Keith Barr, Chief Executive Officer, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “If there’s one thing that has united the world over the last two years, it’s the realization that no virtual platform can reproduce the value of travel and share memories with ours love can create. Travel is the greatest reward to yourself, and that’s really at the heart of what we do with our loyalty program. Every time our members choose to stay at our hotels, we increase their opportunities to travel more, experience more and enjoy benefits they don’t get anywhere else. Our unique portfolio of brands recognizes that no traveler is the same and helps guests and members make the right choice for all of their travel needs.”
“We have made many loyalty developments over the years, but travel and hospitality have evolved significantly and the needs of our guests are changing. These changes are just the beginning as we prepare to fully relaunch a truly transformed program later. We will continue to improve and enhance our loyalty offerings with iconic brand partnerships and enhancements, tailored experiences for our customers, expanded benefits and much more.”
Stays by IHG Rewards members beginning January 1, 2022 will count toward the new and improved status upon program launch. To learn more, please visit here.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Awards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, IHG has more than 6,000 hotels open in more than 100 countries and an additional 1,800 in the pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Collection of thumbnails, Kimpton hotels and restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Bonus: I call hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, ALSO hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, enthusiastic hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Vacation at the Holiday Inn Club, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 employees work in IHG’s hotels and corporate offices worldwide.