South Australia has banned almost all Victorian residents from entering the state – and plans to prevent the return of South Australians from next week with no specific exceptions – as Coronavirus outbreak grows across the border.

Important points:

  • No new COVID cases have been recorded in South Australia
  • South Australian residents returning from Victoria must complete a 14-day quarantine
  • A 70 km long border bubble with West Victoria remains

From now on only residents of SA, people who are really moving or people fleeing domestic violence can enter from Victoria.

There’s still a 70-kilometer cross-border bubble zone, but the Victorians can’t go any further into South Australia.

Police Commissioner Grant Stevens has warned residents of South Australia to come home now and undergo two weeks of house quarantine or be locked out early next week due to the worsening situation in Victoria.

SA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens says more restrictions could come this week. (

abc news

)

You would then have to apply for limited exemptions from SA Health, as is currently the case for residents of SA in New South Wales.

“We will be continuously monitoring the situation in Victoria and it is likely that we will make further changes early next week that will even prevent returning South Australians from entering without a specific exemption from SA Health,” said Stevens.

“I think this gives you an indication of how much we care about the situation between states.”

LIVE UPDATES: Read the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic on our blog

Individuals allowed to enter South Australia from Victoria are required to get tested on their first, fifth, and 13th day in the state.

The South Australian government added a rule last night that people who went through a two-week hotel quarantine in Sydney after arriving from abroad will have to spend another two weeks in isolation after arriving in South Africa.

A family is in the NSW Perisher ski area. firmly an exemption was granted to return to Adelaide.

A police officer queries a motorist’s movements at the border checkpoint near Mount Gambier.

ABC South East SA: Sandra Morello

)

No new cases registered

No new coronavirus cases were recorded in South Australia yesterday.

There are now 14 active cases in the state – all in hotel quarantine and none in hospital.

There was Concern over cases related to three exposure sites at Tailem Bend the two COVID-positive movers visited last Friday, July 9th, on their way back from McLaren Vale to Sydney.

Nearly 300 people connected to the Coles Express gas station, its attached Coolabah Tree Cafe, and the separate OTR gas station at The Bend Motorsport Park are now isolated.

The front of the Coolabah Tree Cafe with the cafe's name in orange letters.  A vehicle is parked on the left. The Coolabah Tree Cafe is one of three exhibits at Tailem Bend that the movers visited. (

ABC News: Lincoln Rothall

)

More than 2 million QR check-ins were recorded on Thursday – the second most recorded – following a call to everyone to use them after three times more credit card transactions were recorded at the exposure sites than check-ins with the mySA GOV app.

A state government spokesman said additional test stations had been set up along the NSW and Victoria border, adding additional resources to the existing locations in Yamba and Mount Gambier.

New locations are also being built in Bordertown and Pinnaroo, while the Tailem Bend location is now in operation around the clock.

SA Health, SA Pathology and SA Police meet with truck driver representatives over the weekend to review their Concerns about repeated testing.

Concerns about traveling to Phillip Island

Nicola Spurrier, chief public health officer, said exposure sites outside Melbourne were of particular concern.

A number of exposure sites were announced today on Victoria’s Phillip Island.

“There is a real risk and concern from a Victorian perspective, but also from our perspective that there have been tourists in this area who are now returning to their homes, and that could be in South Australia,” said Professor Spurrier.

People who were on Phillip Island July 12-15 and now in South Australia will be contacted and will have to self-quarantine.

A man holds a cellphone to a QR code on a pharmacy window QR check-ins have increased in the last week. (

abc news

)

Professor Spurrier said South Australia is fighting against Delta variant infiltration.

“To me it feels like we have a dam when we have our limits and the water comes up behind them and we keep getting more and more falls,” she said.

“We try to hold that back through our border controls, but we all have to be aware that this is porous, that it is possible for people to run into them and not be aware that they might be carrying this virus.

“So it is important for all of us to think about the symptoms we are having.”

What you need to know about the coronavirus:

Loading form …