ALBUQUERQUE, NM (KRQE) – With inclement weather expected this weekend, the Albuquerque City Department of Family and Community Services announced that it is temporarily moving one of its COVID-safe isolation hotels to provide additional shelter for the homeless. According to official information, the Westside Emergency Housing Center (WEHC) currently has space. However, if more space is needed, the hotel will be activated.
New Mexico emergency management officials warn of bad weekend weather
Pick-up and delivery services to the WEHC and Wellness Hotel can be accessed at the following locations and at the following times:
- Coronado Park (301 McKnight Ave NW): MF 2:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. / Sat-Sun 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. 12:00 am, 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- God’s Storehouse (8011 Central Ave NE): Every evening from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- HopeWorks Day Shelter (1301 3rd St NW): MF 4pm
- Steelbridge (2021 2nd St NW): Women only, families with children, and disabled guests; Sa-Fr 4, 5 and 7:30 p.m.
- Phil Chacon Park (7600 Southern Ave SE): 4:00 p.m.
- Jack and Jill Park (433 Arizona St SE): 4:15 pm
- Wilson Park (6000 Anderson Ave SE): 4:30 PM
- First Nations Community Healthsource (5608 Zuni Rd SE): 4:45 p.m.
- HopeWorks Day Shelter: MF 9am, 10am,
- Coronado Park: Sat 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- God’s Storehouse: Every morning at 8 a.m.
- Steelbridge: Mon-Sun 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., and 10 a.m.
All times are approximate and are subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. Each of the hotels, the WEHC and the Albuquerque Opportunity Center offer three meals a day.